Yogurt Tikka Marinated Chicken
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced or grated
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 8-10 chicken thighs or legs skin-on
- Place all ingredients except chicken directly into dish large enough to marinate and whisk together until well incorporated.
- Add chicken and massage marinade into meat making sure to get under skin. Allow to marinate 12-24 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Remove chicken from marinade and place on roasting rack. Be sure to schmear any remaining marinade on the chicken before popping into the oven for 30-40 minutes depending on the cut you've chosen.
- Check that juices are running clear and remove from oven to rest.