- Instant Pot
- Slow Cooker
- 3-4 lbs beef roasting joint arm roast, chuck roast, etc.
- 2 med onions sliced into half moons
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 6 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Place your hunk of beef into cooking implement, which may be a crock pot, manual pressure cooker, or Instant Pot. Cover with sliced onions and minced garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix together lime juice, tomato paste, broth and all spices and pour over meat.
- Place lid on IP and select meat setting dialed up to 45 min. Alternatively, slow cook on high for 6-8 hrs or low 10-12 hrs. Allow pressure to release naturally and keep on warm for as long as necessary until eating.
- Note: I pressure cooked this in the morning and allowed it to sit on warm in the IP all day, which may have contributed to its juicy amazingness!